vie, 08 mar|
AT THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS (OFFICE)
AMAZON SURVIVAL 20 DAYS (6 SEATS AVAILABLE)
Time & Location
08 mar 2024, 7:00 GMT-5 – 27 mar 2024, 7:00 GMT-5
AT THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS (OFFICE), CALLE PEVAS 1251, 2ND FLOOR, IQUITOS-PERU
About the Event
Destination: Amazon Rainforest, Peru.
Arrival/Departure City: Iquitos
Level of Difficulty: Challenging to Strenuous
Age Requirement: 18 +
Main Objective: Amazon Survival.
Other Available Events: Exploration and Crossing of Remote Amazon Territories, Wildlife Sighting, Coexistence with Local Inhabitants in Voluntary Isolation to Share Customs and Traditions.
Additional Services Upon Request: Ayahuasca Master Shaman (During First 5 Days).
Minimum Participants Per Group: (2).
Maximum Participants Per Group: (6).
Advance Booking Conditions: 1 Month Minimum.
Booking Payment Conditions: 50% Required.
Booking Payment Due: As Soon as 2 Participants are Signed Up.
Payment Methods: Credit/Debit Cards
Remaining Payment Deadline: Arrival Day in Iquitos.
Payment Adjustments Based on Growing Group: Handle on Arrival.
Scheduled Dates: Thursday March 7th (Boat Departs from Iquitos to Jungle 16:00), Friday March 8th (Day 1), Wednesday March 27th (Day 20),
Thurday March 28th (Boat Returns from Jungle to Iquitos from 11:00 to Noon).
*******In case you are very limited with time, please try to Arrive in Iquitos the latest 4 hours before boat departure time, and schedule to leave Iquitos the earliest 4 hours after boat returning time. If not, our best recommendation will be to be present in town 1 day before and 1 day after your expedition.
SHARED EXPEDITION BOOKING AGREEMENT:
Every single participant must clearly read, follow, and respect all established activities offered within their rough expedition outline. Doing this will help avoid conflicts with any other participating traveler within your group. Remember, This Is Not Your Private Expedition!.
Signing up for an expedition does not guarantee your seat unless your 50% reservation payment is received.
Amazon Expeditioners will only allow a maximum limit of 6 participants and a minimum of 2 participants per group, all this with the purpose of maintaining the best quality experience during our jungle explorations. We truly believe 6 travelers or less fits this criteria.
Once the 50% deposit payment of your reservation is formally made on your shared expedition, there is no going back since the decision of abandoning your group, will not only affect us as organizers but will also affect other travelers who have already promised and paid their reservations to travel with you, if this turns to be the case. "You Will Basically Lose Your 50% Reservation Deposit Payment".
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Exploration and Crossing of Amazon Jungle (All Will Depend and Be Adjusted Based on Available Travel Days).
- Meet and Coexist with Ayahuasca Master Shaman (optional upon request).
- Search, collection, and preparation of long-lasting native foods supplies before entering the jungle.
- Search, collection, and preparation of native medicinal supplies before entering the jungle such as; “Mambe” from coca leaves and cecropia leaves used to elevate body temperature, energy and for hunger, “Ampiri or Ambil'' a residue from the combustion of tobacco used as a poison on the tip of arrows for hunting purposes, also applied topically to kill insect larvae, which is why it is used to treat myiasis and even used to treat snake bites, "Kampu/Kambo/Sapo", best known as “the vaccine of the forest” used for many medicinal purposes, against yellow fever, malaria, snake bites, intestinal cleanse, detoxification of kidneys, liver, and pancreas, etc.
- Search, collection, preparation and training with ancestral weapons and tools before entering the jungle such as fishing poles, hooks, strings, blowpipes, darts, bows, arrows, slingshots, etc.
- Uncomfortable nights in the middle of the Amazon.
- Hikes through the rarely explored and unexplored jungle territories.
- Physical and mental stress.
- Challenges and unexpected encounters.
- Survival in complete isolation.
- Hikes with inclement weather and on different difficult jungle terrain.
- Crossing of rivers, streams and swamps.
- Continue hiking when navigation by water is not possible.
- Build floating devices when hiking is not possible.
- Hike for several hours and days to achieve destinations
- Build different types of animal traps to catch food.
- Make your own primitive strings and hooks to fish..
- Hunt what's necessary for your own survival.
- Learn to Find drinkable water from natural sources (vines, underground, etc.)
- Find the best wood to build fire.
- Find the best tree barks to make strong natural rope for multiple purposes.
- Build primitive shelters at ground and tree level.
- Identify animal footprints and tracks.
- Cook what you catch during fishing and hunting.
- Use all the natural resources the best you can to your own advantage.
- Identify and use medicinal plants.
- Wildlife explorations in search of remote "Clay Licks" best known as "Collpas" by locals. The word “Collpa” derives from the "Quechua" Inca dialect, which means "Salty Land" all located only on high and non flooded jungle land, where all different species of animals gather to feed from its underground minerals, mainly large birds and mammals such as (tapirs, capybaras, deer, felines, parrots, etc.).
- Search for remote and unexplored lakes.
- Meet and coexist with a traditional family in voluntary isolation for customs and tradition sharing.
- Reach, Meet, and Cross other local isolated indigenous villages around will depend on available travel days.
- Nomadic overnight stays in different parts of the jungle during the entire expedition.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Airport Pick Up and Drop Off Transportation.
- Hotel/Hostel Search Assistance Upon Arrival to Iquitos (If Needed).
- Fluvial Transportation Service to/from Remote Destinations (Speed and Slow Boats).
- Entry Permits to Indigenous Territories.
- Economic Support to Villages Nearby.
- First Responders Wilderness Kit for Emergencies with Antivenom Serums.
- Satellite/GPS Communication Devices with 24/7 SOS Coverage and Live Locators.
- Daily Meals will be Very Basic, Based on National Peruvian Dishes and Traditional Amazonian Dishes.
- Filtered Water.
- Translator (English-Spanish).
- Native Indigenous Guides and Translators (Spanish-Any Local Indigenous Language).
- Amazon Survival Certificate of Completion.
- Gear (Mosquito Net, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Mat, and Machete).
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Airfare to and from Iquitos.
- Personal Travel Insurance.
- Hotel/Hostel in Iquitos.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Booking in Advance is Highly Recommended; for the collection of personal information, to request authorization of entry to indigenous territories at all levels (national, regional, and communal authorities), logistic preparation, personnel assignment, etc.
- Be advised; this is an open to the public SHARED EXPEDITION, exponsored and executed by AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS only.
- Arrival and Departure Recommendation to and from Iquitos; 1 day before and 1 day after your trip.
- Rucksack Size and Weight Recommendations; 45-55 liters (10-15 kilos approx.).
- For full packing list details visit our What to Pack page.
- Be advised; this unique Amazon Survival is only open to highly motivated participants with strong adaptation capabilities and who are in good physical and mental condition, as they will be responsible for carrying their own equipment on each exploration hike through the primary jungle, as well as to go far and beyond for their own survival needs.
- In case of Shamanism with Ayahuasca Master Shamans are Requested; Travelers are highly advised to visit our next link "Master Plants Diet Info".
- All activities are subject to change due to weather conditions at any time of the year. The main rivers and the levels of the tributaries can vary and, therefore, it is possible that the navigation times and the excursions are modified at the discretion of the guide, this will not alter our motivation to make this trip the best.
- For additional information visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SIGNING UP: TO RECEIVE THE FULL ROUGH OUTLINE AND RATES ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR EVENT.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN SIGNING UP: DO NOT FORGET TO PROVIDIVE US A VALID WHATSAPP CONTACT NUMBER! .....OUR TEAM WILL CONTACT YOU VIA WHATSAPP ONLY, WE KINDLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO DOWNLOAD THE APP IN CASE YOU DONT HAVE IT PLEASE. IN PERU THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO CONNECT WITH ANYONE AROUND.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE US A VALID WHATSAPP MOBILE NUMBER AT THE MOMENT OF SIGNING UP, YOU WILL BE NOT CONSIDERED AS A SERIOUS POTENTIAL PARTICIPANT, IN OTHER WORDS, WE WILL NOT WASTE OUR TIME TRYING TO CONTACT YOU USING OTHER METHODS. WE USE E-MAILS FOR INVOICES ONLY.
THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS TEAM