jue, 01 jun|
AT THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS (OFFICE)
AMAZON SURVIVAL EXPEDITION 10 DAYS (Join 1 Traveler On WaitList)
Time & Location
01 jun, 7:00 GMT-5 – 13 jun, 19:00 GMT-5
AT THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS (OFFICE), CALLE MOORE 908, IQUITOS-PERU
About the Event
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: CHALLENGING
AGE REQUIREMENT: 18 +
Destination: Amazon Rainforest.
Country and Region: Peru - Loreto Region.
Arrival/Departure City: Iquitos
Ethnic Groups Nearby: Huitoto/Bora/Ocaina/Yaguas.
Groups Classification: Sporadic and Permanent Contacted.
ACCOMMODATION: Tents/Mosquito Nets/Hammocks.
Main Objective: Amazon Survival.
Other Available Events: Wildlife Sighting, Exploring and Crossing of Multiple Remote Amazonian Territories, Visit and Coexistence with a Traditional Indigenous Group on Voluntary Isolation.
Other Optional Services by Request: Shamanism with Amazonian Master Plants (Ayahuasca, Kambo, Rapé, etc.).
MINIMUM PARTICIPANTS PER GROUP: (2).
MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS PER GROUP: (6).
ADVANCE BOOKING CONDITIONS: 1 Month Minimum.
BOOKING PAYMENT CONDITIONS: 50% Required.
BOOKING PAYMENTS DUE: As Soon as 2 Partipants are Signed Up.
PAYMENT METHODS: All Major Credit Cards.
REMAINING PAYMENT DEADLINE: Arrival Day in Iquitos.
PAYMENT ADJUSTMENTS BASED ON GROWING GROUP: Handle on Arrival.
TRAVEL DATES NEEDED FROM START TO FINISH:
- Thursday June 1st - 17:00 Departure on Speed Boat
- Friday June 2nd - Day 1
- Saturday June 3rd - Day 2
- Sunday June 4th - Day 3
- Monday June 5th - Day 4
- Tuesday June 6th - Day 5
- Wednesday June 7th - Day 6
- Thursday June 8th - Day 7
- Friday June 9th - Day 8
- Saturday June 10th- Day 9
- Sunday June 11th- Day 10
- Monday June 12th- Return Starts at Noon on Slow Boat
- Tuesday June 13th - Arrival to Iquitos Between10:00 to Noon
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Exploration and Crossing of both the Ampiyacu-Apayacu Regional Conservation Area and the Yaguas National Park (All Will Depend and Be Adjusted Based on Available Travel Days).
- Search, collection, and preparation of long-lasting native foods supplies before entering the jungle such as; Jungle salt, Casave, Llomenico, Tamal, Farinha, Tapioca, Yuca Starch, Cahuana, Black Pepper, etc.
- Search, collection, and preparation of native medicinal supplies before entering the jungle such as; “Mambe” from coca leaves and cecropia leaves used to elevate body temperature, energy and for hunger, “Ampiri or Ambil'' a residue from the combustion of tobacco used as a poison on the tip of arrows for hunting purposes, also applied topically to kill insect larvae, which is why it is used to treat myiasis and even used to treat snake bites, "Kampu/Kambo/Sapo", best known as “the vaccine of the forest” used for many medicinal purposes, against yellow fever, malaria, snake bites, intestinal cleanse, detoxification of kidneys, liver, and pancreas, etc.
- Search, collection, preparation and training with ancestral weapons and tools before entering the jungle such as fishing poles, hooks, strings, blowpipes, darts, bows, arrows, slingshots, etc.
- Uncomfortable nights in the middle of the Amazon.
- Hikes through the unexplored Ampiyacu-Apayacu and Yaguas jungle territories.
- Physical and mental stress.
- Challenges and unexpected encounters.
- Survival in complete isolation.
- Hikes with inclement weather and on different difficult jungle terrain.
- Crossing of rivers, streams and swamps.
- Continue hiking when navigation by water is not possible.
- Build floating devices when hiking is not possible.
- Hike for several hours and days to achieve destinations
- Build different types of animal traps to catch food.
- Make your own primitive strings and hooks to fish..
- Hunt what's necessary for your own survival.
- Learn to Find drinkable water from natural sources (vines, underground, etc.)
- Find the best wood to build fire.
- Find the best tree barks to make strong natural rope for multiple purposes.
- Build primitive shelters at ground and tree level.
- Identify animal footprints and tracks.
- Cook what you catch during fishing and hunting.
- Use all the natural resources the best you can to your own advantage.
- Identify and use medicinal plants.
- Wildlife explorations in search of remote "Clay Licks" best known as "Collpas" by locals. The word “Collpa” derives from the "Quechua" Inca dialect, which means "Salty Land" all located only on high and non flooded jungle land, where all different species of animals gather to feed from its underground minerals, mainly large birds and mammals such as (tapirs, capybaras, deers, different jungle felines, parrots, etc.).
- Search for remote and unexplored lagoons, caves, waterfalls, and hotsprings.
- Meet and coexist with a traditional family on voluntary isolation for (2) days maximum on (10+) days expeditions.
- Meet and coexist with a traditional family on voluntary isolation for (5+) days to get the best of it on (15+) days expeditions.
- Nomadic overnight stays in different parts of the jungle during the entire expedition.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Booking in Advance is Highly Recommended; for the collection of personal information, to request authorization of entry to indigenous territories at all levels (national, regional, and communal authorities), logistic preparation, personnel assignment, etc.
- Be advised; this is an open to the public SHARED EXPEDITION, exponsored and executed by AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS only.
- Arrival and Departure Recommendation to and from Iquitos; 1 day before and 1 day after your trip.
- Rucksack Size and Weight Recommendations; 55-65 liters and 10 kilos.
- For full packing list details visit our What to Pack page.
- Be advised; this unique 10 Days of Amazon Survival Expedition is only open to highly motivated participants with strong adaptation capabilities and who are in good physical and mental condition, as they will be responsible for carrying their own equipment on each exploration hike through the primary jungle, as well as to go far and beyond for their own survival needs.
- Shared Expedition Agreement; every single participant must clearly read, follow, and respect all established activities offered provided within their rough expediton outline. Doing this will help avoid conflicts with any other participating traveler within your group. Remember, This Is Not Your Private Expedition!.
- In case of Shamanism with Master Plants are Requested; Participants are highly advised to follow the "3-15 Days Strict Pre Diet Plan" recommended by our Master Shamans before your expedition starts, in order to obtain the best experience results, physical and spiritual. The longer your diet, the better.
- All activities are subject to change due to weather conditions at any time of the year. The main rivers and the levels of the tributaries can vary and, therefore, it is possible that the navigation times and the excursions are modified at the discretion of the guide, this will not alter our motivation to make this trip the best.
- For additional information visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Airport Pick Up and Drop Off Transportation.
- Hotel/hostel search assistance upon arrival to Iquitos (if needed).
- Fluvial transportation service to/from remote destinations (speed & slow boats).
- Entry permits to indigenous territories.
- Economic support to villages nearby.
- First Responders Wilderness Kit for Emergencies.
- Satellite Devices with Active and Unlimited 24/7 SOS Coverage.
- Two-way communication radios.
- Daily meals provided during the expedition (based on traditional local food).
- Filtered water during the expedition.
- Lead Guide/Translator (English-Spanish).
- Native Assistant Guides/Translators (Spanish-Any Local Indigenous Language).
- (2-3) Master Shamans (if requested)
- Gear (tents, sleeping mats, and bags, machetes, set of personal flatware).
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Airfare to and from Iquitos.
- Personal Travel Insurance.
- Hotel/hostel in Iquitos.
QUICK NOTES: TO RECEIVE THE FULL OUTLINE AND RATES ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR EVENT, PLEASE SIGN UP AND PROVIDE US YOUR VALID MOBILE CONTACT NUMBER! ..... OUR TEAM WILL ONLY CONTACT YOU VIA WHATSAPP.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH YOUR VALID WHATSAPP NUMBER AT THE MOMENT OF SIGNING UP, YOU'LL BE NOT CONSIDER AS A SERIOUS POTENTIAL PARTICIPANT, AND IN OTHER WORDS, WE WILL NOT WASTE OUR TIME NOR YOURS.