BLACK CAIMAN EXPEDITION 10 DAYS (Join 1 Traveler On Waiting List)
Time & Location
About the Event
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: EXTRENUOUS
AGE REQUIREMENT: 18 +
DESTINATION: Tamshiyacu - Tahuayo Reserve.
LOCATION: Amazon Rainforest - Loreto Region.
ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE CITY/COUNTRY: Iquitos - Perú.
DURATION: 10 Days, 9 Nights.
MAIN ACTIVITIES: The Search of Black Caimans and five other species.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: Photography, Documentary, etc.
BOOKING IN ADVANCE: 2 Required Months.
50% PAYMENT: Required To Secure Seats.
MINIMUM PARTICIPANTS PER GROUP: (2).
MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS PER GROUP: (6).
BOOKING PAYMENTS MUST BE PAID: As Soon as 2 Partipants are Signed Up.
PAYMENTS METHODS: All Major Credit Cards.
50% REMAINING PAYMENT: Paid on Arrival.
PAYMENT ADJUSTMENTS BASED ON GROWING GROUP: Handle on Arrival.
EXPEDITION DEPARTURE: Monday, August 01, 2022.
The Black Caiman (Melanosuchus Niger) is a species of large crocodilian and, along with the American alligator, is one of the biggest extant members of the family Alligatoridae and order Crocodilia. The Black Caiman is a carnivorous reptile that lives along slow-moving rivers, lakes, seasonally flooded savannas of theAmazon basin, and in other freshwater habitats of South America. There are 6 total species of caimans in the Amazon and the black caiman is the largest one of all. Most adult black caimans are 2.2 to 4.3 m (7 ft 3 in to 14 ft 1 in) in length, with a few old males growing larger than 5 m (16 ft 5 in).
This particular expedition it was specifically designed for those interested in an intense and long nocturnal exploration journey through the primary Amazon rainforest, the banks of small tributary rivers, and slow moving remote lagoons. This program offers physical challenges in a complex and natural environment. Our team, a hand full of native indigenous of the area and experts in jungle survival will accompany participants along this trip, It will be an exploratory experience mostly performed by paddling in wooden canoes across the Tamshiyacu - Tahuayo Regional Conservation Area, Amazon Rainforest, Loreto Region, Peru.
IMPORTANT TIPS ABOUT THIS EXPEDITION:
- BOOKING IN ADVANCE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (for collection of personal information, government access permits to protected areas, transportation arrangements, assignment of exploration team, English Speaking Guides availability, and all logistics support needed).
- This expeditions is an organized group join trip, exponsored and executed by AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS only.
- We recommend travelers to be in Iquitos at least one day before the commencement of your expedition and minimum one full day after the end.
- We Highly recommend to pack a light rucksack of 10 kilos maximum for this expedition.
- Travelers will be provided with an additional 5 kilos of gear approx. (tactical tents, blankets, rubber boots, rain ponchos, machetes, and personal eating utensils).
- Travelers are required to bring (1) personal rucksack, (1) personal hydration bladder, and (1) personal inflatable sleeping mat for this expedition.
- Explorations through the jungle during this crossing route, will require for each traveler to carry their own personal gear and, to maximize your experience be at the least in a decent physical condition to accomplish each available hike.
- Participants will have to follow, respect and agree to established activities in this itinerary to avoid disagreements and misunderstandings with the rest of the travelers within the group, REMEMBER, THIS IS NOT YOUR PRIVATE TRIP!.
- All activities are subject to change due to weather conditions at any time of the year. Main Rivers and tributary levels may vary and thus navigation times and excursions may need to be modified by your Guide’s discretion, this will not alter our motivation to make this trip the best as possible.
- VISIT OUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS PAGE TO HELP YOU PREPARE BEFORE YOUR EXPEDITION.
WHAT IS INCLUDED: Airport Transportation | Fluvial Transportation | Government Permits to Native Communities | Economic Support to Villages | All Meals During Expedition | Purified Water | Survival Lead Guide | Survival Assistant Guides | Emergency First Aid Kit With Anti-Ophidic Serum | Exploratory Gear (Tents, Blankets, Rubber Boots, Rain Ponchos, and Personal Eating Utensils).
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED: Airfare to and from Iquitos | Personal Travel Insurance | Hotel in Iquitos.
EXPEDITION DETAILS: Due to the protocols currently imposed, AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS reserves the right to publicly expose entry routes to native Amazonian communities due to their vulnerability and protection, even more so if permissions from the Peruvian Government are required to enter these specifics indigenous destinations.
Only if you are a serious traveler interested in this route, proceed to sign up and request to receive the details of this expedition and rates in your private e-mail inbox.