PANTHERA ONCA EXPEDITION 20D/19N (English Speaking Travelers) 5 Seats Left
Time & Location
About the Event
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: STRENUOUS
AGE REQUIREMENT: 18 +
DESTINATION: Matses Territory.
LOCATION: Amazon Rainforest - Loreto Region.
ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE CITY/COUNTRY: Iquitos - Perú.
ETHNIC GROUP CLASSIFIED AS: "Sporadic Contacted".
DURATION: 20 Days, 19 Nights.
MAIN ACTIVITY: Jaguar Habitat Exploration.
OTHER ACTIVITY: Jungle Survival with the Matses.
BOOKING IN ADVANCE: 2 Required Months.
50% PAYMENT: Required To Secure Seats.
MINIMUM PARTICIPANTS PER GROUP: (2).
MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS PER GROUP: (6).
BOOKING PAYMENTS MUST BE PAID: As Soon as 2 Partipants are Signed Up.
PAYMENTS METHODS: Via Credit Cards or PayPal Request.
50% REMAINING PAYMENT: Handle on Arrival.
PAYMENT ADJUSTMENTS BASED ON GROWING GROUP: Handle on Arrival.
HYDROPLANE DEPARTURE DAY TO MATSES TERRITORY: Thursday May 20th, 2021, 07:00.
The Jaguar, Yaguar or Yaguareté (Panthera Onca) is a fierce carnivore of the Panterinos subfamily and genus Panthera. It is the only one of the five current species of this genus found in America. It is also the largest in America and third in the world, after the tiger (Panthera tigris) and the lion (Panthera leo). It is fundamentally lonely, hunting ambushing, being opportunistic when choosing prey. It is a key species for the stabilization of the ecosystems in which it lives; Being a super-predator, it regulates the populations of the species it captures. Adult specimens have an exceptionally powerful bite, even when compared to other large felids, which allows them to pierce the shells of armored reptiles such as turtles and use an unusual method of killing: directly attack the head of the prey between the ears to tip a lethal bite that cuts through the skull with its fangs reaching the brain.
This particular expedition it was specifically designed for those interested in an intense and prolonged exploration journey across the Matses territory, an extraordinary place rich in fauna and flora, where the appearance of the king of the Amazon THE JAGUAR in such of inhospitable and little explored jungle area is not a surprise, since it is known that when the precedence of who is at the top of the food chain prevails in any ecosystem, it is a sign or an equivalent of healthy ecosystem. This program will offer physical challenges in a complex and natural environment, where our well prepared team of native indigenous Matses people will display their best role in guiding, instructing and taking care of every visitor in transit to the best of their capabilities.
IMPORTANT TIPS TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR EXPEDITION:
- BOOKING IN ADVANCE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (for collection of personal information, government access permits to protected areas, transportation arrangements, assignment of exploration team, English Speaking Guides availability, and all logistics support needed).
- This expeditions is an organized group join trip, exponsored and executed by AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS only.
- We recommend travelers to have FLEXIBLE AIRLINE TICKETS to and from Iquitos in case we experience delays with the hydroplanes due to weather conditions to/from the Matses Territory. These are situations that rarely happen, but it is always good to plan your stay in Iquitos intelligently that way we can achieve the execution of your expedition successfully.
- Exploratory backpack weight limit is 10 kilos per participant, excess weight will not be accepted by the pilot.
- We strongly recommend every traveler to bring (1) personal 60 liter size backpack, (1) personal hydration system pack, and (1) personal inflatable sleeping mat for this expedition.
- Let's keep in mind that AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS will provide an additional 5 kilos of gear approx. to each traveler (tactical tents, blankets, rubber boots, rain ponchos, machetes, and personal eating utensils).
- Participants will need to be in good physical condition, to conduct a 50k hike to Requena during the last 2 days of the trip.
- Participants will have to follow, respect and agree to established activities in this itinerary to avoid disagreements and misunderstandings with the rest of the travelers within the group, REMEMBER, THIS IS NOT YOUR PRIVATE TRIP!.
- All activities are subject to change due to weather conditions any time of year. River and tributary levels may vary and thus navigation times and excursions may need to be modified at the guide’s discretion.
- VISIT OUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS PAGE TO HELP YOU PREPARE BEFORE YOUR EXPEDITION.
WHAT IS INCLUDED: Airport Transportation | Airfare to Matses Territory | Fluvial Transportation | Government Permits to Tribal Territory | Economic Support to Villages | All Meals During Expedition | Purified Water | Survival Lead Guide | Survival Assistant Guides | Emergency First Aid Kit With Anti-Ophidic Serum | Exploratory Gear (Tactical Tents, Blankets, Rubber Boots, Rain Ponchos, Machetes and Personal Eating Utensils).
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED: Airfare to and from Iquitos | Personal Travel Insurance | Hotel in Iquitos.
EXPEDITION DETAILS: Due to the protocols currently imposed, AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS reserves the right to publicly expose entry routes to native Amazonian communities due to their vulnerability and protection, even more so if permissions from the Peruvian Government are required to enter these specifics indigenous destinations.
Only if you are a serious traveler interested in this route, proceed to sign up to receive the day by day details of this expedition and rates in your private e-mail inbox.